I made this torte for our neighborhood party
last Friday and it was a hit!
I thought I’d share the recipe.
Good for 12 people
12 oz chocolate (8 oz semi sweet + 4 oz bittersweet, I use ghirardelli)
2 T cocoa powder (ghirardelli again)
1 1/2 t cinnamon
1 t espresso powder
5 T flour
1 1/4 c sugar
2 sticks unsalted butter (1 c)
for top: powdered sugar, raspberries
10″ springform pan w/removable bottom
1. butter + flour pan
2. set oven to 375
3. melt + stir butter + chocolate together over double boiler
until melted + smooth
4. beat eggs + sugar in mixer until it starts to thicken
5. add remaining dry ingredients to mixer + fold in slowly
6. slowly fold in melted chocolate to mixture so eggs don’t curdle
7. pour into pan + bake approx. 30 + min. (check w/toothpick frequently after 25 min.
8. cool on rack
9. sprinkle top w/powdered sugar + serve with raspberries